Monday, May 7, 2007

Lady in the...What? Er...


Watched M. Night Shyamalan's "Lady in the Water" last night.
Felt inspired to write a haiku about it:

Dear Shyamalan,
I gave your film a good try.
Want my two hours back.

L. commented that it would have made a pretty good anime, with teenage characters. But it's not that, so I warn you: it's dreadful schlock. I would urge you, watch something else instead.
Just to avoid being Mr. Negativity, I'll even recommend two recently seen, better movies:
1) "Flushed Away"
Laugh-out loud funny, great Aardman animation (you know, Wallace and Gromit?) Kate Winslet provides a great voice to "Rita."
2) "Tom Dowd and the Language of Music"
A little-seen documentary about a little-known music engineer who revolutionized the music industry and who worked alongside many of the greatest artists in rock and roll, soul, jazz, and more. And he seems like a really cool guy to boot.

Next on the Netflix list: Little Miss Sunshine. Dr. Dork has recommended it, so it must be good.

That's all for this week; until next time, we'll see you...at the movies.

10 comments:

XE said...

Little Miss Sunshine is wonderful. Certainly better than Lady in the Water!

Anonymous said...

I laughed til I cried watching LMS- it's brilliant.

Anonymous said...

Actually, if you had any depth or understanding of the intricacy of life and how it obviously does not affect your very tiny vision - you would understand how extremely powerful and profound this movie really is. I could be a better film critic than the rubbish I'm reading here.

Hisham Soliman said...

flushed away is a great movie

Anonymous said...

Previous autumn I enormously required help on essays. Following enormously lengthy exploration I detected help with dissertation writing after that they did right what I prefered. then you in actual fact have to try write my book report

jaketkulitsukaregangasligarut said...

It was lovely to find our blog! I will deffo come back to have a better look.

yanmaneee said...

jordan 11
bape
balenciaga
air jordan
air jordan
bape hoodie
pg 4
supreme shirt
supreme
stone island outlet

global sourcing in the textile and apparel industry said...

L. commented that it would have made a pretty good anime, with teenage characters. But it's not that, so I warn you: it's dreadful schlock. I would urge you, watch something else instead. wholesale salwar suit , cut and sew factory ,

Unknown said...

visiter le site Chloe Dolabuy ressources supplémentaires dolabuy.su étudiez ce site Dolabuy Goyard

V said...

Essaybuyers is students’ all-time best assistant, who is always ready to lend you a helping hand and help them reach the top! We are a team of passionate and dedicated academic writers, who are the real masters of their craft.