Dr. Scott gets busy, again.
Just when the last post created a hullabaloo, we moved into our new house. Meanwhile, I also started work at my new practice. And as if that wasn't enough, I also had a meeting in Chicago, and I'll be in Washington next week.
Somewhere along the line--about 3 weeks ago, to be exact--Rebel Doctor tagged me in a game of Blog Tag, inviting his contacts to reveal 8 random facts about themselves. I was supposed to tag 8 more contacts to do the same. (Kinda like a chain letter, except without the promise fame and fortune. Just smiles. (Well, maybe a little fame. Very low-grade stuff though.))
While I've probably let the moment pass in terms of passing it on, I feel I owe it to Rebel Doctor to at least follow through on the first part of his request:
1. Like Rebel Doctor, I am not a Southerner by birth. (Of course, I'm now in Florida; does that still count as the South?) (If you must know, I grew up in Baltimore, Maryland, hon.)
2. Growing up, model rocketry was my hobby. (Geek!)
3. I met my wife when she and my sister were in a production of "Fiddler on the Roof."
4. Our oldest son is adopted from Kazakhstan.
5. My favorite alcoholic beverage is George Dickel Special Reserve whiskey. Closely followed by Knob Creek bourbon.
6. I once spent a summer in Frankfort, Kentucky working on a statewide health survey.
7. I am a member of the American Academy of Pediatrics' Section on Administration and Practice Management, Section on Adoption and Foster Care, and Provisional Section on Media (a call-out to Dr. Gwenn on that last one!)
8. If I couldn't be a pediatrician, I'd want to be either a journalist, or working for NASA.
More to come.
(P.S.: Anyone reading this is welcome to join the fun and post 8 facts about themselves too...)